2013. november 14., csütörtök

Empty closet


Ever dreamed of an empty closet, so you can just restart all over again, and start spending and shopping on new things? 
Perhaps a little late, but after almost 20 years of never discarding one pair of shoes from my closet, I got to the point to giving them away. 

THE GOOD CAUSE. 
One might think it is never hard to give out fashionable, cool, vintage almost new, and some never used shoes, since there are so many out there needing them. 
But, how do you find them? 
After searching through quiet a few charities calling them up, I realised:  to be nice is not as easy as it might seem. There are specific dates, where you can give away your shoes - obviously, they do not have the warehouse to keep them.
The dates are nowhere near. I thought Christmas is almost here, but I guess, only the stores are giving us the idea, not the charity organisations. 

THE IDEA
Who would need quiet a few high heel boots anyways for the harsh winter time? What about all the special occasion high heel sandals with swarovski crystals on them, etc.?  Definitely not the average homeless in a big town, unless a really big charity ball to attend,  I suppose. They are by the way never ever invited, have you realised? 
BUT
What about the orphanage and special institution for girls? They must like to feel lucky to wear all these treasures from the past? Would be nice for them to dress up for the Christmas Ball, I thought. I called them up, and after inspecting all shoes as jpegs attached to a mail, they approved, and I became the happy person for the day. 
And I hope they will feel also happy wearing them, and I hope it does help them in anyway. 

AND
Through the whole process of giving away, I never for one second thought of finally having the empty place in my walk-in closet to be able to buy new things. For once, I'm happy with what I still have left, and I will try to back up the habit of shopping, and only look for the really special things I need in life.  
Or not need, but the things make me feel better about it for not only seconds, but perhaps for a lifetime.  
Or for at least a year. 



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése