2013. november 14., csütörtök

Mornings and clothing


Dear Reader, 

You, who sit neatly next to your morning coffee, checking #hmisablemarant or #isabelmarantpourhm, or prehaps if yo live in some shitty place, where autumn is gray and we you hashtag for the maldives on your Instagram, twitter. 
How ready are you for the day? 
Are you totally aware what are you going to wear today, from head to toe? 

Are you a coffee or a tea person? 
Or simply a room temperature water with some lemon will start you day? 

Do you prefer your beverage in china, or glass? Or a whole carafe? 
Croissant or omelette? 
Bacon or cigarette? 
Or de nada? 


What is your routine? 

Easy, this seems to be all routine, right? 

Why dressing up cannot be part of the routine as lets say, simple, obvious and quick? 


When I was 16 I used to wear make up. Typical american make up, with a bit of european influence, by using a big part of foundation. Bit of mascara, bit of blush, which was a must in Texas that time. 
I looked ridiculous every day, no matter how down on the neck I put the foundation you always seemed to see the border line on me. yes, yes, bad product, I know now, but hated to talk to the ladies in the mall telling meg my skin type, touching my face at least 5 times in 20 second. No thank you, I said I can handle it myself. 
No I couldn't. 

Shortly, moving from TX, I stopped using make up. I saved at least 20 minutes in the mornings, and even though I thought I still looked ridiculous at least I was ready on time. 
I still spent the money on make up things, they look so cute, and packaged nice, but never used them. 

I also stopped having breakfast. In fact, I think I never really had breakfast. That also saves a lot of time, and gives me the confidence of the light stomach in the morning. 
(Weekends are different, on weekend we do have breakfast with my boyfriend, we go out, and make it a proper breakfast. Quality time!). 

This gives me a lot of time in the morning, right? 

And all this time is given for wardrobe time! And this is a problem. Because no matter how much time you have, you always take it until the last minute, and just after the lastest of the lastes seconds you manage to put on something. 
Please notice that I didn't use the word decide on purpose. 
Of course you are not decided, nor confident of your choice by the time you need to leave the house. 

I'm not a coffee nor a tea person in the morning. 
I drink coffee and a carafe tea at work, after done with all the hassle that is called morning. 



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése